MEN, ARE YOU CRAZY FOR CORSETS YET?
Men in corsets have dominated the red carpet at the Met Gala 2022, and we're here to share our styling tips...
On the runway, we’ve been seeing men front corsets for decades. Now, however, men are turning heads by taking the corset trend to a whole new level. Recently at the MET Gala, designers and celebrities have explored the corset idea for their looks that evening, embracing the theme of the ‘Gilded Age’. In case you’re seriously thinking of adding corsets to your wardrobes, we’ve rounded up a few tips and ways to start incorporating the corsets into your sartorial looks:
1. Keep it simple and easy Everything looks better when it’s worn with confidence and ease. So, go back to the basics of what is the corset essentially, it’s an undergarment, so treat it as is. Use it as a layering piece just like a tank top, under an open shirt or a jacket.
2. It doesn’t have to be the corset your thinking of Corsets can come in all shapes, sizes and colours. A white corset can replace a white shirt, worn with a black blazer, for example. It can be an accessory piece (think of it as a belt if it’s not large, or as armour if it reaches the chest) it can also act as a piece of jewellery peeking out of your silk dress flowing shirt.
3. Don’t tie it. Keep it loose or open You can keep it open to resemble a vest or wear the same-coloured t-shirt or tank top underneath if you’re confident to show your guns. Also, wear it loose and part of your baggy t-shirt.
4. Plan ahead Cut, fit, size, shape and colour is everything. Everyone should be able to find the right corset if they do a bit of planning.
5. Lastly… The most important thing is to enjoy the process. If it doesn’t feel good, it’s not!
Here are 5 inspirational ways to wear a corset this summer:
Denim on denim
Classic black suit
The see-through top